CODE OF ETHICS
Members of our registry are held to the highest standards in their interactions with LBP buyers and other LBP breeders. As a united organization, we adhere to the following Code of Ethics.
If you become a member of LBPBU you agree to the following statements.
As a member of Large Black Pig Breeders United I will:
1. Demonstrate a high standard of integrity in all activities related to my LB pigs, and the LBPBU;
2. Provide to all LB pigs under my care, a high standard of animal husbandry;
3. Maintain an organized and clear LB pig identification system adopted by the LBPBU on my farm.
4. Maintain accurate detailed farrowing records that insure confidence in the pedigree of all LB pigs submitted for registration.
5. Register only LB pigs of quality, which meet the standards of confirmation specified by the LBPBU.
6. Ensure all transactions regarding LB pigs are executed with fairness and openness.
7. Be prompt in accurately registering, recording and transferring of all breeding animals.
8. Act as a representative of LBPBU. I will educate breeding stock customers about the characteristics of LB pigs and the policies and services offered by the LBPBU, including use of the LBPBU website.
9. Make decisions which support long-term viability of the LB breed, its producers, and their customers.
10. Support and uphold the standards of LBPBU.